Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Buena Vista

A few weeks ago, John and I enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with my family at the Buena Vista in San Francisco.

My sister and I, being the dedicated learners we are, spent quite a bit of time studying the bartender’s method for making the restaurant’s famous Irish coffee.

We really thought we were being sneaky by using our powers of observation to steal the recipe. Turns out, we weren’t being sneaky at all.

The Buena Vista gives the history and step-by-step instructions to this perfected drink right on its website.

I really love that kind of generosity. Enjoy!

PS: If you don’t like whiskey, this drink is delightful without it.

PSS: If you go to the Buena Vista, make sure to order the toast. A strange recommendation, I know. But the toast is amazingly good.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 19, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Love it~ Buena Vista rocks! Eggs Benedict are yummy there too, but it sure is all about the toast and coffee.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP