Saturday, April 17, 2010

Back to the Drawing Board

Regarding my Beauty Experiment, this week was a bust.

My magic questions – Am I hungry? Am I full? – did not do the trick, and I found myself often eating when I wasn’t hungry. The scale, which has been slowing creeping in my favor, started to move in the wrong direction.

Part of me wants to just give up. But because I have declared this an experiment, part of me really wants to ask more questions and figure this out.

In the several weeks before this week, I felt mostly calm about eating whatever I want when I was hungry and stopping when I was full.

Some kind of unfavorable internal shift took place because I did not feel calm this week. I felt anxious and worried. If you are an emotional eater (which I am), anxiety and worry are not your friends.

In fact, if you are an emotional eater, any feeling could send you straight to the fridge. But feelings are a part life, and if they are causing me to eat when I shouldn’t, what I need is a new coping mechanism.

1 comments:

Trisha Q April 17, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

You have such good insight! Don't worry about yesterday- begin again. Try not to let the negative overshadow they good you've accomplished.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP