Saturday, April 24, 2010

Run 4 It

We didn’t really do any running. But last weekend my mom, sister and I became Mermaids at the all-women 5k event in Mountain View.

My favorite part was walking and talking with my sister (my mom totally ditched us), and my second favorite part was cheering on the athletes – the ones actually running.

In high school, my sister was a real cheerleader, and I like to think I’m one at heart.

As women ran by us, giving it their absolute all, we would shout and clap and yell, “Great job! Keep it up! Looking strong! Way to go!”

I wish we had pom-poms. It was so much fun.

As an added bonus, even though we went as slow as snails, we got a super-cute T-shirt, tote bag and a finisher’s necklace.

4 comments:

Trisha Q April 24, 2010 at 10:39 PM  

So fun!!! If I'm not pregnant next year at his time, I totally would love to run this event with you guys. Sounds awesome!!! Way to finish!!!

Christina April 24, 2010 at 11:04 PM  

Trisha, I think you would really like it. There's a 5k, 10k and 1/2 marathon.

Erin April 26, 2010 at 12:06 PM  

Good job Christina! Sorry I ditched out on this one but I'll be signing up for another one soon if you're interested (hahaha).

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP