Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dylan's First Thanksgiving

When your grandfather is 91 years old, it's hard to be sure how sharp his mind is.
So when I first heard my grandpa call Dylan by his middle name, Luc, I thought he was confused.
When I heard him make the mistake a second time, I whispered to my sister, "Grandpa thinks Dylan's name is Luc."
"Oh, Grandpa, Luc is Dylan's middle name," my sister sweetly corrected.
"Well, Luc is good for me," my grandpa said proudly. "I wouldn't be surprised if he is called Luc in school. It's a good name, easy to say."
Later, Cliff mentioned he wished he had taken advantage of his cool middle name, Warren.
"Well, see you later, Warren," my grandpa said.
Nothing to worry about here. His wit is quick and his mind is sharp.
Have I mentioned Luc is short for Lucarotti, which is mine and my sister's maiden name, my grandfather's family name? No wonder he is fond it.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  November 29, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

This brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful gift Grandpa gave to all of you that day.
Aunt Nancy

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP