Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Mashed Potatoes

I wish I knew who created this recipe. It ran in the Redding newspaper about 5 years ago (but a website search turned up zilch). Anyway, I love that these potatoes can be made the night before Thanksgiving. I also make Herta's Sweet Potatoes the night before, which makes Thanksgiving Day all that much more enjoyable.

Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes:
5 pounds baking potatoes
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
salt

First peel potatoes, then cut them. Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain water. Mash potatoes and blend in other ingredients. Put mashed potatoes into a buttered casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

On Thanksgiving Day, let potatoes sit at room temperature for a couple of hours before heating. Heat at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Dab with butter and chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!

3 comments:

T November 24, 2010 at 12:36 AM  

Happy Thanksgiving! There is so much to be thankful for this year! XOXO

Kylie November 24, 2010 at 5:19 AM  

These were called Pet potatos in my family growing up because my grandma always made them for her "favorite" per request. So glad to know others like them too. I actually made them with some leftovers recently too. Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

Anonymous,  November 24, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

amazing stuff thanx

--------------------------------------------
my website is
http://happykidskaraoke.info

Also welcome you!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP