Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Signs of Love

"Detach, detach, detach," I repeat again and again in my mind. "Circumstances do not define you."
(It was kind of a weird day. And even on normal days, I need a lot of self talk.)
Then in the mailbox, a treasure. A woman I know (but not very well) sent along with her family's Christmas card, a prayer card she had blessed for me in Medjugorje.
I can't even explain how touched I am to be thought of in this way.
The card has on it a picture of Mary and the words, "If you knew how much I love you, you'd cry of joy."
Now I have a new six-word meditation: "Detach, detach, detach. Cling, cling. cling."

1 comments:

pilgrim December 23, 2010 at 3:51 AM  

Fr Jozo Zovko ofm once wrote: “Our Lady tells each one of us, “I am your Mother and I love you. If you knew how much I loved you. you would cry with joy.” And she asks. “Do you love me?” There is only one right answer. The answer that St Peter gave to the Risen Jesus in response to that same question, “You know that I love you.”

Fr Svet also writes about this:
http://crownofstars.blogspot.com/2010/07/word-is-very-near-you.html

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP