Thursday, March 3, 2011

Practicing Courage ...

(The telephone conversation in which I play a 15-year-old instead of the thirty-something married woman I actually am.)
Me: "Guess what? I have a new blog with Erin and a girl named Libby. It's about trying to get pregnant!"
Mom: "Are you trying to tell me something?"
Me: "Yes, I'm trying to tell you I have a new blog about trying to get pregnant."
Mom: "But you aren't already?"
Me: "No, the blog is about trying to get pregnant. (Pause.) I'm not sure you and Daddy want to read it."
Mom: "I'll read it. Your father doesn't have to."
Me: "OK. But I don't think I want to talk about it. So just don't bring up anything you read in conversation."

I was pretty sure I would never ever write a fertility blog. (The subject has purposefully not been mentioned here.) But friends have a way of making you braver than you are. And most challenges are better tackled with a team. So I've joined forces with bloggers Erin and Libby. We're reading a book called Making Babies, and we have our own version of the vagina monologues going on over at: Tired & Stuck ~ Three Women on a Mission to Get Knocked Up.

You're welcomed to join us, just consider yourself warned.

7 comments:

Kasia and New Baby March 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kasia and New Baby March 4, 2011 at 12:14 AM  

I don't think I can wait Friday thru Monday without a post.

Erin March 4, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

Yayyyy! You are courageous. It is your year, I say.

Nicole March 4, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

It's the greatest thing since sliced bread! You are too precious (and too brave)for words!

T March 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM  

I had a hard time talking about it. Had a very hard time watching everyone else have babies except me.

I will never ask you. If you ever want to chat, give me a call. I love you!

Christina March 4, 2011 at 10:08 PM  

Thank you, dear ones! I feel your love. xoxo! Christina

Anonymous,  March 6, 2011 at 7:55 PM  

And beautiful profile picture!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP