Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Dinner

One of my favorite traditions is Sunday dinner at my parents’ house.

It’s the one meal each week that guarantees John and I will consume home-cooked food, plus everything my mom makes is delicious.

And, we get two desserts. First, the cookie course, which is like an appetizer for the real dessert. (Tonight, we ate small pieces of dark chocolate with our wine, but usually we eat cookies.) Then we have dessert. For the last two weeks, my mom has made homemade cake. Homemade cake!

Tonight it was Schiacciata Alla Fiorentina (AKA: really yummy orange cake) with fresh whipped cream, a choice of vanilla or coffee ice cream and a choice of Caravella Limoncello, Caravella Orangecello or Grand Marnier.

I’m telling you, Sunday dinner at my parents’ house is the place to be. I would totally invite you over, but I don’t want to share.

3 comments:

Trisha Q September 25, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

Christina, you're teasing us! Sounds better than a restaurant.

Nicole September 25, 2011 at 10:33 PM  

You should totally invite me over because I promise to only eat a clenched fist sized portion! ;) Love you, friend!

Christina September 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM  

I know. I'm mean. But you two really are invited to come over any time you want. My parents would love it!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP