Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Green Smoothie Recipes

I don't yet have a juicer, but I've been putting my blender to good work.

Basic Green Smoothie:
1 cup water
1 cup spinach or kale
1 cup frozen berries
1 banana
Ice, if desired

Slightly Greener Green Smoothie:
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups spinach or kale
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup frozen berries
1 banana
1 tablespoon almond meal
1 tablespoon chia seeds
Ice, if desired

For a tart taste, add lemon juice.

PS: John says for a sweeter taste, add sugar. But you don't want to do that.

2 comments:

EC January 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM  

Sounds yummy!
I just started reading this blog:
http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com/blog/

She talks a lot about alternative cancer treatments and some about smoothies. I'd stick with the blender. From what I've read, juicers make a big mess with all the "leftover" stuff.

Faith G January 19, 2012 at 1:28 PM  

Oh, John. What are we going to do with you?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP