Wednesday, March 14, 2012

While We Can

A long time ago, when I lived in a land up north, I used to spin cartwheels for my friend Ms. Calder.
This is how we celebrated.
The cartwheels were never any good, but they were fun, and Shannon didn't judge my form.
But then I moved away and got older and spent less time in open spaces suitable for cartwheels.
So I hadn't done one in quite some time, maybe 5 or 6 years.
Until yesterday when I did four. The first one was really lousy, but each one was a little less lousy.
When I told John about my cartwheel adventure, he was a little concerned. Why would I do that, he wanted to know.
Because someday I won't be able to and today I can.

4 comments:

jered March 15, 2012 at 12:15 AM  

John's response to you is much the same response as a colleague of mine when I mentioned that this week I decided to learn how to use a slide rule.

scalder March 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM  

Oh, goodness. Those happy, happy cartwheels. What a lovely memory.

Christina March 15, 2012 at 10:28 PM  

Well hello you two! I hope life is treating you both wonderfully. :)

Chris Jelesky March 16, 2012 at 11:48 AM  

You have always been a cartwheel kinda girl, I think you always will be!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP