Monday, April 2, 2012

Holey Heirloom

My mom and I were having a nice conversation about the Poor Clare nuns when my dad barged into the room with a pair of tighty-whitie, ratty-tatty underwear in his hands.
"I've had these undershorts since my freshman year of high school," he said, holding them out as if they were a precious heirloom worthy of being admired. "How much do you think I would get for them on eBay?"
"Nothing!" my mom exclaimed. "They are worth nothing."
I happen to know my dad is very attached to this particular pair of holey underwear, so they aren't actually for sale. (He likes to brag about how long he has owned them.)
Anyway, my dad got the idea to sell his underthings when he heard Whitney Houston's clothes were being auctioned. We explained that it's really not the same thing.

4 comments:

Sheila,  April 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM  

your dad needs his own reality show. pronto. can i pitch him?

Faith G April 3, 2012 at 1:05 PM  

He has a very healthy self- image.

Faith G April 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM  

Sometimes the things you say about your dad remind me of my dad. Except the tightie- whities- my dad would never do tightie whities. He does wear boxer shorts decorated with puffy paint pictures that Charity made for him as a Christmas present when she was 10 or 11.

franklinmarshall April 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM  

These former Abercrombie and Fitch models pretty much made it in the business after landing a job with Bruce Weber years ago. For the majority of them, D&G glasses was their first paying modeling job.Franklin Marshall T-shirts great to see these guys continue to work the fashion shows after so many years of hard work and dedication! Here are a few of the many models that were busy working for the past few months in Milan, Paris, and Berlin for the Winter Fashion Shows!!!Louis Vuitton Sale

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP