Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tiny Homes

I spent the day imagining life in a tiny home. My mom and I watched this video and this video, and then we made my dad watch them, too.

As previously stated on this blog, I really admire minimalists. These videos make me feel like I live in a mansion (not even close) and that I have an excess of personal belongings (absolutely true). Which is pretty much the exact opposite of what our mainstream you-can-never-have-enough culture would want us to believe.

Anyway, I told my parents that a day might come when John and I want to have a tiny home of our own and live in their backyard.

The likelihood of this actually happening is very small. But that didn't keep me from beginning every other sentence with, "Well, if we lived in your backyard ..." and "I think you would really like it if we lived in your backyard."

They know I'm mostly joking, and it made us all laugh. Then when we were leaving, my mom said the best thing to me, "You bring a lot of joy into my life, honey, you really do."

See how good it is to use your imagination.

3 comments:

Monica April 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM  

I have a secret wish to get rid of everything and live in a tiny house. I sometimes do google searches for interesting looking tiny houses. I love your post!

Trisha Q April 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM  

Awe! What a sweet mama!

Erin May 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM  

You really, really need to watch Portlandia. That first video will take on new meaning. Also: Those people are out of their minds. I'm glad the second couple doesn't think they're going to be able to live in a tiny house with teenagers.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP