Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Graduation

(My mom, known to my friends as Mama Luc, known to her students as Mrs. Luc)
If I haven't mentioned it, my mom is a high school teacher. She is retiring this year. (Finally!)
Today, she was part of the graduation ceremony.
She wore a robe and read the names of students as they walked across the stage. She's done this many times before, but today was special.
Today, my dad, Jimmy, John and I made a point to be there, to see her standing on the stage, wearing her robe, reading the names.
I only wish someone had read my mom's name. I wanted the chance to scream like crazy as she walked across the stage.
Because today, it felt like it was her graduation, too.

4 comments:

Chris Jelesky May 30, 2012 at 11:28 PM  

How wonderful~ this brings tears to my eyes. Yeah, yeah, yeah Mrs. Luc!!!

Trisha Q May 31, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

Beautiful picture of your mom! Her joy shines through her!

Trisha Q May 31, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

That's where you get it from!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP