Saturday, July 28, 2012

Be Cheerful, Always Cheerful

“A piece of advice I have insisted on repeatedly: be cheerful, always cheerful. Sadness is for those who do not consider themselves to be children of God.” ~ St. Josemaria Escriva

I don't remember exactly when it was, but at some point I knew I wanted to be a person of joy (verses one of sorrow).
It seems like an easy choice, and I happen to believe that most of the time it is a choice.
Lately, though, it's been harder to choose joy.
It's been harder to keep the quiet promise I made to myself to live a happy life regardless of my circumstances.
The result has not been pretty. Most of the time, I feel like a two-year-old on the verge of a tantrum.
It's an internal struggle, and I'm trying to find my way back to myself.
Today, I read the above quote from St. Josemaria Escriva. It felt like a road sign pointing in the right direction.

3 comments:

Faith G July 29, 2012 at 7:27 AM  

I'm so with you on this one. For me the key words are trust and courage. I'm melancholic, so cheerful isn't really my thing.

Faith G July 29, 2012 at 7:27 AM  

I'm so with you on this one. For me the key words are trust and courage. I'm melancholic, so cheerful isn't really my thing.

Sheila,  July 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM  

we need to chitchat. you showed up in my dream this past weekend and i wanted to hug you...

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP