Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Unexpected

You know when you try to make things work and they don't.

Big things. Small things. Every thing. 
Yesterday I cancelled a lunch date with Josie and Josie's Mama. I had a meeting that I couldn't move. Of course, today, 15 minutes before what would have been my lunch date, the meeting was unexpectedly cancelled. 
I was so bummed that I was going to miss lunch with my dear ones for no reason whatsoever. 
Then, like a miracle, they showed up. They never got my message. They always thought lunch was on, and, as it turns out, it was because I didn't have a meeting anyway. 
I know this may seem like a small thing, but seeing my friends (and not having a meeting) made my day. Win. Win.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 21, 2012 at 5:47 PM  

Christina,

I stumble across your blog every so often and your posts charm me to no end. This one, in particular, made me smile. I love when life works out in random little ways such as this. It reminds me to appreciate the little things and be glad that our advanced technology slips up and 'fails' us here and there, because then we win.

Best,

Marcy

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP