Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Calibrating a Compass

The problem with a broken compass is it doesn't know that it's broke. It points in any direction and calls it North.
Sometimes I am that compass. I go in directions that are not True because I have forgotten which direction I meant to go in. 
I get lost or turnaround or detoured, and I veer from the path. Most likely, I don't even know when it happens.
But if I was headed to New York, eventually I would realize if I ended up in Mexico. And I would need to change course.
I have no idea how to calibrate an actual compass, but my friends often help me calibrate my own internal direction.
They remind me of heaven and eternity and how important it is to really love each person in my life and how pointless it is to care very much about anything else.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP