Friday, August 31, 2012

The Magic of Caesar's

It always felt like our secret. This Italian restaurant in the City with an old-fashioned bar and a seven-course meal that began with antipasta and ended with spumoni.
Even as a kid, I felt nostalgic about Caesar's.
We celebrated my college graduation there. That night, I showed my dad a picture of John. I was only slightly exaggerating when I said he was my new boyfriend. I had met John the night before, but he hadn't asked for my number.
Three years ago, the banquet hall was jam-packed with relatives and friends to celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday. I ate with my cousins and took sips of the negronis the bartender made my parents.
Caesar's opened in 1956 and closed its doors tonight.
Like an old friend, it's magic will live in our memories.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP