Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sweet Moments

We saw him coming into church with two chocolate treats, one in each hand.
"What's that?" his mama asked.
"Gluten-free cupcakes," the 6-year-old replied as he gave one to his younger sister.
It seemed a tiny bit unbelievable that gluten-free treats would be part of a church bake sale, but he said he double checked.
It's hard to know which is sweeter ~ the fact that he got his sister a treat (and not just himself) or that he made sure it was gluten-free because his sister is intolerant.

3 comments:

Nicole October 22, 2012 at 8:24 AM  

Tears. Streaming. Down. My. Face.

I love you! Thank you for noticing these very small precious moments. You are crazy observant, Lady. And such a gift to me!

Christina October 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM  

We love you! I'm giving John credit for this post. We both saw the sweet little exchange, but he reminded me about it when it was time to blog.

Katie October 24, 2012 at 9:33 AM  

Oh, absolutely precious! What a sweet little boy. Thank you for sharing such a loving moment.

Your comment about gluten free at a church bake sale made me think too. I know I've never seen anything like that at ours. I'm thinking for our bake sale next month, my mom and I will be including some gluten free treats.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP