Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam!

John texted me at 11:07 this morning: "White smoke!"
This was followed by: "Could be wrong, but it's billowing out right now. Live stream."
You know you're Catholic when you skip all the mainstream media outlets and go straight to the Vatican website.
There I could see for myself the white smoke billowing and hear the bells ringing and feel the energy of the thousands gathered in the square.
Of course, if you ask my dad, he'll tell you that it took five rounds of voting because the cardinals were fighting over him.
He even has a pope name picked out, should the Holy See ever call on him to serve ~ Eusebius II. (The original Eusebius was pope in the year 310.)
Of course, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina had another name in mind when he greeted the world ~ Pope Francis.
This is a man who has chosen to live a life of simplicity, and his humble spirit has already won us over.
It may have been a close race between Pope Francis and my dad, but I think the cardinals made the right choice.
Still, my heart rejoices, "Viva il Papa!" for both my fathers.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP