Saturday, April 27, 2013

Accident-Prone

Today included one of the dumber moments of my life: I ended up at urgent care after cutting the skin off my knuckle with a pair of scissors.
You're thinking, "How does that happen?"
Well, I'm very talented, and you really have to be a professional in clumsiness to pull this off.
My dad said, "I think it must be nice to have coordinated children. I wouldn't know."
Poor man. It really isn't just me.
My sister once required 13 stitches to mend her foot after jumping through (instead of over) a glass table.
My brother, Joseph, broke his arm falling off the neighbors' bush in their front yard.
My brother, Jimmy, fell through the attic ceiling.
I fractured my arm twice and chipped my front teeth. The first fracture was due to a jungle-gym incident. The second time was a full-body experience that including breaking my teeth when I went head first over the handle bars of my bike.
(Trust me. This is not an exhaustible list.)
In the grand scheme of things, today's incident was minor: three stitches, antibiotics three times a day for a week, plus my dad would like me to stop using scissors for the rest of my life.

1 comments:

LovestoEat April 28, 2013 at 10:21 AM  

t least you weren't running with your scissors!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP