Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Don't Come Over

I've had the same approach to organizing since I was a child.
For lack of a better term, I call it the method of destruction.
Nothing is safe. Everything gets moved from its proper place.
Things worth keeping are kept. Things that should have been discarded years ago are discarded. (Yesterday, I found the invitation to my best friend's 12th birthday pool party. We both turn 36 next month.)
This approach would be highly effective if I used a methodical grid method, going shelf by shelf, closet by closet, room by room.
That's what a sane person would do. That is not what I do.
Instead, everything I own is currently somewhere in the middle, covering floors and table tops, embodying the visual definition of chaos.
Had I known I was going to cause this much destruction over the long weekend, I would have taken the whole week off work.
Instead, I'm saying panicked prayers that there isn't some kind of emergency that would force me to allow someone into my home. God forbid anyone see this mess.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP