Friday, July 5, 2013

8 Months

Up until two weeks ago, I was telling people I was about 6 1/2 months pregnant.
I had been underestimating on purpose as to avoid losing my mind in the final days.
I figured the less pregnant I allowed myself to think I was, the less anxious I would be about little girl's arrival.
(Did you know the average gestation is actually 41 weeks and 1 day, not 40 weeks.)
My plan was great in theory. However, life-long procrastinators should not underestimate their deadlines, especially when they are unmovable.
I would have remained in the dark if my coworker hadn't pointed out two weeks ago that I was 7 1/2 months pregnant. 
Today marks 32 weeks, also known as 8 months.
In celebration, we bought a crib. It was kind of surreal, nobody even asked us for ID.

2 comments:

LovestoEat July 6, 2013 at 7:14 AM  

I belong to the same system as you, putting time frames in my own mode to keep from obsessing and/or becoming too anxious. But alas, someone else always comments or asks about when or how soon such an event will occur or how near it actually is to becoming fruitful. And that simply wrecks my delay motive! Good luck sticking to that mindset.

By the way, do we have a name yet?

Doni Chamberlain July 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM  

Oh, what a lucky baby to have you and John as parents. I'm so happy for the three of you. :) (Re procrastination, pretend the baby will be here sooner, not later. Do all those things you wouldn't do with a baby in tow.)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP