Friday, August 9, 2013

37 Weeks

At this point, I am only capable of writing about my pregnancy. My apologies. But it is what everything in my life is currently revolving around.
And today is a big day. I am 37 weeks pregnant, which means I'm officially full term.
I had no idea until recently that 37 weeks was considered full term, and let me tell you, I would have set up my self-inflicted deadlines a lot differently had I been aware of this tidbit.
Everyone warns that you will be anxious and bored in the last weeks of pregnancy, just begging your child to be born.
All I can say is these people don't know how to procrastinate because I have plenty to do.
Have I mentioned we just put new floors into our humble home, and as a result, everything we own has been moved from room to room and the entire place is covered in a layer of construction dust?

Also, I failed to schedule a hospital tour when my doctor suggested it months ago. It didn't occur to me there might be a waiting list. So we're scheduled for August 20. 
In addition, new parents have the very important task of picking a pediatrician for there yet to be born child. I have one in mind, but she is on vacation for the next few weeks. The soonest we can meet her for a consultation is August 22. 
I have a high tolerance for pushing deadlines, but even I think this is cutting it close. 
So when people assume that at this point I must just be putting the final touches on the nursery, I try hard not to laugh hysterically. 

7 comments:

Trisha Q August 10, 2013 at 9:30 PM  

It will all work out. Jesus was born in a stable. God is always on time. The only thing you need is a car seat and an outfit to bring the baby home.

LovestoEat August 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM  

I just wanted to add to Trisha Q's comment..... and you'll need plenty of diapers. LOL

Kylie August 11, 2013 at 12:07 PM  

We loves our pediatrician in Los Gatos if you need a rec.

Erin August 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM  

Once in your WHOLE LIFE you will have the opportunity to focus like this. Enjoy every moment. Your little girl is teaching you all the time: about patience, about yourself and about her totally awesome self. Take it all in and rest up - the fun will start at exactly the right time.

bobbi @ revolution of love blog.com August 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM  

It has been ages since I have visited the blog and when I saw your recent gorgeous photo on FB I couldn't believe you were pregnant. Blessed be God! I am so happy for you both. :-) I'll keep you and your little one in prayer. :-)

Queen Bee August 13, 2013 at 9:45 AM  

Only you, my dearest friend, surrounded by pregnant people virtually at any given moment, would not realize that 37 weeks is full term... I love that about you. xo

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP