Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Our Day

Today's news from mama-baby land:
1. I've never been so excited about weight gain.

Gianna weighed 7 pounds 14 ounces when she was born. (She was down to 7 pounds 11 ounces when we left the hospital.) 
Today at her two-week appointment, she was 8 pounds 13.5 ounces.
Yay breastfeeding!
2. I discovered two products to help my achy perineum.
(Why didn't anyone tell me how extensive after-labor recovery is?) 
New or soon-to-be mamas may want to check these out:
Sitz Bath Spray by Motherlove
Mama Bottom Balm by Earth Mama Angel Baby

PS: If you have a mama or baby product you love, I would love to know about it. 

2 comments:

Mandy_Fish September 12, 2013 at 7:03 AM  

It's only extensive if you have some extensive damage to heal. ;-) My first baby caused a lot of damage (big baby, required forceps) and it took a long time for me to recover. I'd say three weeks. My second baby was smaller and easier to deliver, and I was up and at 'em right away. So you never know!

monkey momma September 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM  

I used the sitz bath & preparation H pads (witch hazel) with Sean. Didn't need anything with Allie. There's no magic bullet, unfortunately. Hugs.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP