Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hello Out There!

Gianna listening to her godfather Dan.
I feel like a stranger in this space.

For someone who wrote at least a tiny, little sentence on a nearly daily basis for more than 5 years, it feels like it's been for-e-ver since I've blogged. Kind of like suddenly losing contact with a dear friend. And why yes, there are 84 unheard voice mails on my phone right now.

The amazing thing about friends is they keep calling. Neglected blogs, on the other hand, can't beg to be updated.

Gianna is 5 months old and weighs somewhere around 15 pounds. Her hands are chubby and her wrists are fat. She has rolls on her thighs, and her little legs look like drumsticks. 

She can very accurately reach for and grab things, like the glasses off her daddy's face, and she can roll from her stomach to her back.

Her face lights up if you give her a blanket, and then she will promptly try to eat it. Everything goes in her mouth, including her cute little toes.  

Her favorite people are Mommy, Daddy, Nonna and Papa.

The girl loves being sung to and has yet to realize both her parents are terrible singers. What we lack in vocal talent, we make up for in creativity. Our rendition of "Wheels on the Bus" involves a whole cast of farm animals riding all through the town.

She has a megawatt smile and a contagious giggle.

If there is one thing our sweet Gianna dislikes, it's sleep.

Sometimes at nap time she actually growls. It's her final battle cry before surrendering to sleep. At nighttime, she protests by waking often. And she is very particular about exactly how she wants to be swaddled.

It's really not a problem, except, of course, I'm exhausted. Last night, I fell asleep three times during our nightly prayers. Once while John was talking and twice while I was mid-sentence.

I don't always fall back to sleep when Gianna does. So then I just watch her breathe.

Speaking of which, according to a Facebook quiz, I'm the dreaded "helicopter" parent. (Of course, I am.) My sister took the same quiz, and she's "effortless cool." (Of course, she is!)  

Anyway, I hope to be back here soon.

A blanket! It's my lucky day!

3 comments:

Chris Jelesky February 1, 2014 at 10:16 PM  

Love, love, love the pictures and your return.

Faith G February 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM  

And her legs look like DRUMSTICKS!!! If I ever have a baby I want drumstick legs too... And cankles. Babies ROCK the cankles!

Sheila,  February 6, 2014 at 12:44 PM  

That's my girl!! She has a solid 2 1/2 years to be as cute and chubby as possible!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP